City council meeting interrupted by woman’s purse explosion

Lorlornyofm
By Lorlornyofm August 11, 2017 14:41

City council meeting interrupted by woman’s purse explosion

A Nevada city council meeting was interrupted when a woman’s purse abruptly burst into flames in a moment caught on camera.

Video from the Boulder City Council meeting Tuesday night shows a small explosion take place in the woman’s purse as she sits behind the man addressing the council.

Boulder City Fire Chief Kevin Nicholson, who regularly attends council meetings, rushed to the woman’s aid as the flames spread to her shirt.

“There was a battery malfunction in her purse that ignited her purse,” Nicholson said.

The woman, who sustained only minor burns and did not need to be hospitalized, said the exploded battery was the type meant to be used in an electronic cigarette or vape pen.

“Well, that was exciting,” Mayor Rod Woodbury quipped as the meeting resumed.

 

 

Lorlornyofm
By Lorlornyofm August 11, 2017 14:41
Write a comment

No Comments

No Comments Yet!

Let me tell You a sad story ! There are no comments yet, but You can be first one to comment this article.

Write a comment
View comments

Write a comment

<

*