Fire ravages GBC stores

Lorlornyofm
By Lorlornyofm June 17, 2017 09:48

Fire ravages GBC stores

Fire has gutted sections of store houses at the Ghana Broadcasting Corporation. The fire which started around 6.50pm ravaged several items worth thousands of cedis.

Deputy Public Relations officer, Prince Billy Anaglate noted that swift response from his outfit prevented the inferno from spreading to other sections of the stores.

“The store room was filled with various items but we were able to ensure that the fire did not spread to the other sections of the stores. It took us about 40 minutes to bring the fire under control”, he said.

Three fire tenders were used to douse the fire at the GBC stores. Although the Fire officers are yet to ascertain the cause of the outbreak, Mr. Anaglate indicated that they suspected it was caused by several combustible materials which were being stored in the stores. He noted that the manner in which the items were packed could be contributory factors since they were all highly combustible.

Security personnel present at the GBC premise disallowed journalists entry to the fire area stating that it was a military installation area.

Three fire tenders were used to douse the fire at the Ghana Broadcasting Corporation.

Source: www.ghanaweb.com

Lorlornyofm
By Lorlornyofm June 17, 2017 09:48
Write a comment

No Comments

No Comments Yet!

Let me tell You a sad story ! There are no comments yet, but You can be first one to comment this article.

Write a comment
View comments

Write a comment

<

*