Presbyterian Church, Ghana honours renowned broadcaster Asafoatse Richard Obeng Akyea

Lorlornyofm
By Lorlornyofm August 15, 2017 18:11

The Volta Presbytery of the Presbyterian Church of Ghana has honoured Asafoatse Richard Obeng Akyea, a renowned broadcaster during a send-off thanksgiving service at the Ebenezer Presbyterian Church of Ghana in Jasikan.

The 64-year old retired broadcaster and lecturer at Lorlornyo FM Broadcasting Training Centre (LBTC) in Hohoe served among others as a representative of the lay faithfuls of the church  on the General Assembly Council which is the highest decision making body of the Presbyterian Church of Ghana for several years.

In a citation to honour him, the Chairman of the Volta Presbytery of the Church, Reverend Daniel Oppong-Werukon described Asafoatse Obeng Akyea as a selfless, hardworking and dedicated Presbyterian who worked tirelessly to ensure that some major and important projects were successfully executed.

Asafoatse Obeng Akyea was grateful to all who supported him in carrying out his duties.

He thanked the Church for the honour done him adding that though his term of office had come to an end, his service to God had not come to an end.

He prayed for strength to continue serving God in every capacity.

In attendance at the thanksgiving service were Reverend Ministers and representatives from the Volta Presbytery of the church, family members and friends.

Osafoatse Richard Obeng Akyea is succeeded by Mr Saviour Woanya, whose tenure will run for the next four years.

Story by Anthony Godsway Tsra

Lorlornyofm
By Lorlornyofm August 15, 2017 18:11
Write a comment

5 Comments

1. Ebenezer/Davidson August 15, 19:05

Congratulations a gallant soldier in Christ

2. Robert Kpogo Oman August 16, 08:19

Congratulation to Mr.Asafoatse for his work done…

3. Frank Godsway (caution) August 16, 08:39

Congratulations to Mr. Obeng Akyea. He’s been a total blessing to me for only these few months I have known him. I will never forget his motivational and inspirational words to me as an individual. I say may the Almighty Jehovah continue to bless and protect him throughout the coming years. AMEN.

4. Frank Godsway (caution) August 16, 08:45

Congratulations to Mr. Obeng Akyea. He’s been a total blessing to me for only these few years I have known him. I will never forget his motivational and inspirational words to me as an individual. I say may the Almighty Jehovah continue to bless and protect him throughout the coming years. AMEN

5. Davidson Miracle August 17, 09:29

Congratulations to a motivator,an inspirational and a mentor.may the almighty bless him,protect and give him long life and strength.

View comments